Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We Made It!

After the 2,518 mile trip from Ashburn, VA to Fernley, NV, my roommate Becky and I were EXHAUSTED! However, I would definitely recommend a cross-country trip to everyone! Do it sometime in your life and the younger you are, the better! It was amazing to travel through 11 states in 4 days and see all of God's creation! Every state had a beauty of its own, with Michigan's flat corn fields, to Iowa's rolling green hills, Wyoming's beautiful mountain's and Utah's salt flats. Our trip was one I'll always remember and I can't wait to make that trip again someday! It was definitely draining to drive 12-13 hours a day, but I found I could do things (like drive for 13 hours) that I never knew I could do! :)
Now that we're here in Nevada, Becky and I have been trying to adjust to the 3 hour difference. In that adjustment, waking up at 5:30 every morning has become a regular occurrence, but one we hope doesn't become the norm. :)
Looking for jobs has been quite the challenge. There seem to be tons of jobs available, but most I am not qualified for and the ones I am qualified to do, I can't seem to get. It has only been one week, I know, but I've applied for a ridiculous amount of jobs...even ones I really don't want. I just need a part-time position to help with finances so Becky and I can get out on our own. One of my prayers right now is that God would provide jobs for Becky and I, but in His timing. I'm considering the possibility that the Lord would rather me make less money and focus all my time on this ministry, but I'm not sure about that yet. Pray for God to make his plan clear for us concerning our job situation. :)
I know God is good. I know he has called both Becky and I out here to Fernley. I know he has a plan for us here in this town. I know he will provide for us and take care of us. I just don't know how yet. :) But isn't that he beauty of our God? He can always surprise us!

All My Love,
Lyndsay

No comments: